So, first, surveyors determine the type of terrain and attribute it to one of three:
- 1. Dry. In this case, groundwater does not have a strong effect on the hydration of the upper thickness of the base.
2. Crude. Soils with signs of waterlogging, in the off-season (spring-autumn) stagnation of water appears on the surface.
3. Wet. Peaty soils with vivid signs of waterlogging. Based on the type of soil, a certain composition of the mixtures for the layers and the stacking order are selected. For example, waterproofing, capillary, thermal insulation, anti-flood, reinforcing and other types of layers can be used.
Stages of laying the runway:
1. Soaking of subsidence soils or complete (or partial) replacement of soil with unsatisfactory properties.
2. Soil compaction by tamping.
3. Soil strengthening (chemical, electrochemical, thermal and other methods)
4. Laying the leveling layer, the thickness of which is 40 cm.
What do runways cover?
The standard coating for the runway is concrete of particular strength. When laying, special technology is also used, which allows for greater strength. The material is stacked in three layers, while each of them has different characteristics. Such measures can withstand high loads during take-off and landing of liners.
Drainage and drainage systems
The construction of the runway is a responsible business, which can only be done by real professionals. The process is governed by relevant regulations and standards. The specialists of the Geoproduct company have experience in similar work and have already repeatedly proved their high professionalism “in the field”.
To prepare the construction site of the runway or helipad, you must:
1. clean the entire area from trees, stones and building structures. The stumps of large trees should be uprooted at least 12 cm below the surface of the future strip or site, for this purpose special equipment should be used
2. fill in all low areas in which water may collect,
3. eliminate all sharp surface tears and high “humps” or embankments,
4. fill the soil and seal the burrows of wild animals, for example, moles. If the livelihoods of burrowing animals are too active, it is necessary to choose a new place for construction or to conduct special events, as often it causes damage to coatings and, consequently, serious accidents,
5. direct the drainage system so that in case of heavy torrential rains, a large volume of water does not cross the runway and does not destroy it,
6. Provide night-time illumination of objects at the airport near the take-off and landing of air transport, which cannot be removed for various reasons (trees, poles of electric or telephone lines).
The coverage of the runway or helipad must comply with all the requirements specified in the flight manual for helicopters and aircraft. Below we consider what the coverage should be:
- its surface should be convenient for applying markings necessary for take-off and landing of air transport
- marked marking should be visible even from afar
- on the surface of the coating should be clearly distinguishable accidentally caught dangerous objects that interfere with the landing or take-off of air transport
- coverage of the take-off and landing area should be made of special building materials, which provide for the easy and quick replacement of any damaged area with a new one, without the need to remove the entire area.
- it should have sound-absorbing and antistatic properties and should not require specialized protective equipment
- it must be resistant to aggressive environments (high and low temperatures, water, wind, etc.)
- PAG 14 and PAG 18 plates laid on a sand and gravel pillow are best suited for coating.
Air transport is the fastest and most convenient mode of transport, therefore construction of a private airfield help solve many problems. We can offer to build a private airfield, arrange a helicopter landing pad in accordance with all the rules, guaranteeing successful operation. We will also offer build a hangar or another storage room for your winged transport. Good luck with your flights!