There is practically no person who does not like chocolate. This yummy is regularly consumed by people of all ages, and lovers of sweets are ready to eat literally kilograms of this miracle of confectionery thought. But, unfortunately, like many modern products, chocolates contain a lot of harmful substances, so many sweet tooth learn to cook this delicacy in their own kitchen. And it’s not at all difficult, as many people think. It is only important to stock up on quality ingredients and follow the cooking steps step by step. Consider how to make chocolate at home in several popular options.
Classic Chocolate Recipe
This short instruction will tell you how to make chocolate at home, as close as possible to a real authentic in taste and appearance.
- Grated cocoa - 200 g,
- Cocoa Butter - 100 g
- Icing sugar - 3 tablespoons.
Sugar in this recipe is better not to use, since its crystals dissolve much longer compared to powder.
- Melt the butter in a water bath, then pour the grated beans,
- Gently stir the mass with a whisk and wait for them to melt. Pour sugar powder
- Again, stir everything well, remove the mixture from the water bath and distribute it on the molds,
- Leave to cool at the temperature of the living room, then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Homemade milk chocolate
Such a gentle natural delicacy without extraneous additives will surely be appreciated by lovers of sweets.
- Grated cocoa beans - 100 g,
- Powdered milk - 2 teaspoons,
- Condensed milk - 4 teaspoons,
- Cocoa Butter - 50 g.
How to make milk chocolate at home:
- Combine the beans and the butter in a single bowl and melt in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or in a water bath,
- When a uniform consistency of the mixture is formed, add condensed milk to it,
- Gradually pour in powdered milk in small portions and knead the mass until smooth, then beat with a mixer or blender until it looks like a batter that maintains its shape.
The finished product must be filled in molds, kept a little at room temperature and placed in the cold to solidify for an hour.
Another milk chocolate recipe
Brown beans are very difficult to find in stores, so they can be replaced with a powder counterpart.
- Half a glass of granulated sugar or icing,
- Butter - 160 g,
- A quarter cup of flour
- Cocoa Powder - 2 cups
- Milk - 150 ml.
Making homemade cocoa chocolate:
- Rub the powder component with the butter with an ordinary spoon or using a blender,
- We heat the components in a water bath, add flour and sugar in small parts, pour in milk. Knead the mass thoroughly to avoid lumps and burning,
- We continue to steam the mixture until smooth, then remove the finished product, cool and pour it in the same way as in the previous recipes.
The classic recipe for dark chocolate
This cooking option is suitable for lovers of a true chocolate flavor.
- Powdered Sugar - 30g
- Grated cocoa beans - 100 g,
- By a pinch of vanillin and salt
- Cocoa Butter - 50 g.
Easy cooking yourself:
- We place all the components in a water bath. Constantly stir and wait for the melting of powdered sugar and butter, after which the mass will become homogeneous and will acquire a beautiful brown-black shade,
- In the resulting composition, you can add nuts, coconut, candied fruit, or the filling you like. And a drop of hot red pepper will perfectly emphasize the taste of this sweetness,
- We distribute the liquid billet into molds, let it cool, send it to the refrigerator to solidify.
All chocolate recipes made from cocoa powder are very easy to prepare. This option is no exception.
- Cocoa Powder - 40 g
- Creamy spread - 75 g,
- Nuts - optional
- Sugar - 2 small spoons.
Recipe for a sweet treat with a photo:
- Put sugar, vanilla, spread into the pan, melt them in a small flame, stirring all the time,
- We add cocoa powder to the container, stir until a homogeneous mass is obtained, but do not bring it to a boil. At this stage, mix the nuts into the sweet composition as desired,
- At the final stage, we treat with a treat as in the above cooking instructions.
Dark chocolate is obtained with a rich and noble taste.
The main ingredients of real chocolate
To make real chocolate at home, you need to buy cocoa butter and grated cocoa. Grated cocoa is a solid substance with a very bitter taste. It is obtained by grinding the heated crushed cocoa beans in special mills. Cocoa butter is squeezed out of the grated cocoa using a hydraulic press. Cocoa butter has a solid texture, white-yellow color and a characteristic pleasant aroma of cocoa. After heating to + 32 ... + 35 ºС, the oil melts. Therefore, real chocolate melts in the hands. At temperatures above 40 ºС, the oil becomes transparent. It makes the product softer, greasy and tender.
To soften the bitter taste of cocoa, natural honey is added to the dessert. It must be liquid. If thickened honey is used, it needs to be slightly warmed up. Do not overheat the product. When honey is heated above 50 ºС, the harmful substance oxymethylfurfural is formed in it.
If you are allergic to honey, you can add powdered sugar instead. Vanillin is also added to chocolate. It is necessary to give the delicacy a sweetish aroma.
Classic Dark Chocolate
For the preparation of classic dark chocolate you will need 150 g of grated cocoa, 50 g of cocoa butter, 3-5 tbsp. honey and 1/4 tsp vanillin. You can add a pinch of cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg to the treat.
Making chocolate begins with the processing of grated cocoa. You need to try to break it into very small pieces. The smaller the crumb, the sooner it will melt. The crushed product is heated in a water bath. To do this, the crumbs are poured into a glass dish, which is placed in a pan. At the bottom of the dishes for cooking, you must first lay a cotton cloth rolled up in several layers. Then, water is poured into the pan. Its level should be 1-2 cm below the upper edge of the glassware. Put the pan on the fire and bring the liquid to a boil. Boiling water should not fall into a container of cocoa. The product is simmered in a water bath until its pieces are completely dissolved. Then the capacity is removed.
While the grated cocoa melts, prepare a water bath for cocoa butter. It is heated until half or 2/3 of its volume is melted.
Heated foods are mixed. At this point, pour cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg into the mixture. After that, honey is added. Honey is poured literally drop by drop, constantly mixing the ingredients. Periodically you need to try the product. Since everyone’s taste preferences are different, you may need less or more honey than specified in the recipe to get the desired sweetness. Preparation is completed by adding vanillin to the chocolate mass.
If the finished chocolate is too liquid, you need to let it cool slightly (5-7 minutes). When it thickens to the consistency of thick sour cream, it is laid out in molds. It is best to use pre-made silicone molds. It is easy to extract sweets from them. The molds must first be greased with vegetable oil.
The poured mass should cool slightly. Depending on the size of the sweets, they will cool for 15-30 minutes. Then the treat is refrigerated for 25-30 minutes. After that, you can eat chocolate. The product is stored for about 7 days.
Coffee lovers will enjoy coffee chocolate. For its preparation you will need cocoa powder, butter, milk powder, sugar, coffee, vanillin and lemon zest.
Coffee is best purchased in beans. It is ground just before making chocolate at home. In this case, the dessert will get a pronounced coffee aroma.
First you need to make coffee. 1 tsp ground coffee beans are poured into a glass and boiled water is poured into it. After 5 minutes, the liquid is filtered through cheesecloth and poured into a pan. Coffee is heated on low heat for 1-2 minutes, then crushed lemon peel and vanillin are added to it. The liquid continues to be heated until it boils. Then add 100 g of sugar (4 tbsp. L. With a slide) and 2 tbsp. l cocoa powder. After 2-3 minutes, 120 g of milk powder is poured into the composition (6 tbsp. L.). The chocolate mass must be constantly stirred. When it becomes homogeneous, 50 g of butter pre-melted in a water bath is added to it. The composition is mixed, boiled for 2-3 minutes and remove the pan from the heat. Coffee chocolate hardens longer than other types of dessert. It must be left in the mold at room temperature for at least 2 days.
Food lovers will appreciate a coffee tile filled with dried raspberries and chopped almonds.
Sweet tooth will definitely like vanilla chocolate, which contains a lot of sugar. To prepare it, you need to purchase cocoa powder, milk, butter, sugar, vanillin and walnuts (or raisins).
To make vanilla chocolate at home, pour 200 ml of milk into the pan. It is heated a little over low heat, not bringing to a boil. Then pour 1 glass of sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp into the liquid. vanillin. Milk must be mixed until sugar is completely dissolved. Then, 100 g of butter, previously melted in a water bath, is added to it. When the mixture becomes homogeneous, 4 tbsp are poured into it. l cocoa powder. The mass continues to cook for a few more minutes. To cook delicious chocolate, you need to constantly monitor the condition of the paste. It should not burn. Even a slight burning will give the dessert an unpleasant aftertaste and smell. Shredded walnuts or raisins are added to the finished chocolate. It is thoroughly mixed and poured into molds.
Hard chocolate will not leave indifferent gourmets. To make it, you will need sugar, milk (or cream), butter, wheat flour, vanilla sugar and cocoa powder.
2 cups of sugar are mixed with 100 ml of milk and 100 g of butter is added to the mixture. The products are placed in a pan, put it on the fire and bring the composition to a boil. When the mass is boiled for 15 minutes, 2 tbsp are poured into it. l flour (without top) and 50 g of cocoa powder. The flour must first be sifted. Cocoa and flour are added gradually, constantly stirring so that there are no lumps. The chocolate mass is boiled for another 10 minutes, until it thickens. To make chocolate with your own hands, you can’t digest it. The spoon should move freely in the mixture. Then the composition is removed from the fire and poured onto foil. When the tile has cooled, it is placed in the refrigerator. To make hard chocolate bitter, the amount of cocoa powder is increased to 100-150 g.
To make chocolate at home, you just need to know simple recipes, have the necessary ingredients in the kitchen and remember some tips for making homemade chocolate:
- Ingredients: cocoa powder, butter, sugar or honey - should be of high quality and sufficient quantity, since the recipe for homemade chocolate can not be approximate - it does not converge.
- To prepare chocolate at home, it is necessary to strictly observe the temperature regime of the heat treatment of the product, since chocolate does not tolerate a limit above +32 C. It is better to use a culinary thermometer or simply touch your hand to the firing limit.
- Due to the low heat treatment threshold, it must be carried out not on an open fire, but on a water bath or in a double boiler. Otherwise, it is difficult to keep track of the temperature limit and the products can be spoiled.
- Especially at first, at the stage - the first pancake is lumpy, you should not swing at a large portion of homemade chocolate. If everything goes well, you can move to large portions.
- In the manufacture of chocolates with filling, it should be introduced in layers, alternating with chocolate.
To make a home-made chocolate bar, similar to a factory one, one cannot do without a scarce cocoa butter, which alone can give a chocolate delicacy a certain form rigidity.
What are some homemade chocolate supplements?
As additives for home-made chocolate, you can use quite familiar ingredients, such as nuts: hazelnuts, peanuts, pine nuts, walnuts, or even pecans. Various candied fruits and dried fruits are suitable for the filler role: prunes, raisins, dried apricots, citrus zest, coconut flakes, waffle or cracker crumbs.
Most often, these homemade chocolate filler ingredients can be prepared using a conventional blender. The crushed fillers are introduced into a hot chocolate mixture, mixed until smooth and only after that liquid chocolate is poured into prepared molds.
Classic chocolate recipe at home
This recipe is for lovers of classic chocolate, without any additives or flavors, which can be considered basic for the preparation of other varieties of this dessert.
- cocoa powder - 200 grams,
- cocoa butter - 40-50 grams,
- granulated sugar or icing sugar - 100 grams,
- butter - 20 grams.
According to the classic recipe, you can make chocolate at home as follows:
- Melt butter and cocoa butter in a water bath and a double boiler.
- Into the resulting homogeneous oil mixture, add a mixture of cocoa powder and granulated sugar while stirring until the mass is completely homogeneous.
- At room temperature, allow the chocolate mass to cool slightly, pour it into molds and cool in the refrigerator.
Vanilla Chocolate Recipe at Home
Based on the classic recipe, you can make vanilla chocolate with the addition of dried fruits and nuts.
- cocoa powder - 4 tablespoons,
- fresh whole milk - 100 milliliters,
- butter - 125 grams,
- granulated sugar - 1 cup,
- raisins, dried fruits and walnuts - 40-50 grams,
- vanillin - 0.5 teaspoon.
You can make vanilla chocolate at home like this:
- Heat over low heat in a suitable container in a water bath.
- In warm milk, heated over low heat, add sugar and vanillin with constant stirring, bringing them to complete dissolution.
- In a separate water bath, dissolve the butter and pour it into a mixture of milk with sugar and vanilla.
- Upon completion of mixing these ingredients, with continuous stirring, in order to avoid the formation of lumps, cocoa powder.
- Hold the resulting homogeneous mixture over low heat in a water bath for 25 minutes.
- During this time, prepare the filling and add it in crushed form, stirring until smooth, into the chocolate mass before pouring into the molds.
- To harden the chocolate dessert, place the forms with it in the refrigerator for several hours.
The original recipe for coffee chocolate
At first glance, the smell of coffee and cocoa does not seem to be combined - they are good in themselves, but there are lovers of such culinary experiments and tastes. The original recipe for coffee chocolate at home is just for such gourmets.
- cocoa powder - 50 grams,
- butter - 250 grams,
- powdered milk - 250 grams,
- granulated sugar - 250 grams,
- brewed ground coffee - 1 teaspoon,
- lemon zest, dried fruits, nuts and vanilla - to taste.
According to the original recipe, you can make coffee chocolate like this:
- Brew 3/4 cup and 1 teaspoon of natural ground coffee in a volume of water, the coffee flavor, into which add vanilla or lemon zest and hold for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the resulting coffee from the fire, strain it and bring to a boil, at the moment of which, with a constant stirring, add a mixture of cocoa and sugar, and continue to simmer it over low heat for another five minutes.
- Into the resulting mixture, without removing it from the heat, introduce and thoroughly mix the milk powder, followed by removing it from the heat and introduce the dissolved butter.
- It remains to make the filling prepared from the above ingredients into the chocolate mass, stir until uniform and pour it into molds in order to cool them in the refrigerator for several hours.
Homemade recipe for milk chocolate "Gentle"
Lovers of milk chocolate, cooked at home, will be attracted to this recipe for its simplicity, accessibility of ingredients and delicious result.
- fresh milk - 100 milliliters,
- butter - 50 grams,
- cocoa powder - 4 tablespoons,
- granulated sugar - 1 cup,
According to the home recipe, “Tender” milk chocolate should be prepared as follows:
- Pour in a mixture of sugar and cocoa powder into milk heated in a suitable container with constant stirring until they are completely diluted without lumps.
- В отдельной емкости на водяной бане распустить сливочное масло, которое влить в шоколадную теплую смесь и, перемешав, довести до кипения на слабом огне, перевести его в режим минимального огня и в течение 2-3 минут еще дать покипеть.
- Если есть начинка, то ввести ее в теплую еще массу и, разлив по формам, охладить в холодильнике в течение нескольких часов.
Рецепт домашнего шоколада «Лакомка»
The recipe for this chocolate is good in that the home-made tile is not much different from the factory one, although it does not contain scarce cocoa butter and the rest of the ingredients are simple and affordable.
- whole milk - 5 tablespoons,
- cocoa powder - 150 grams,
- butter - 70 grams,
- icing sugar or granulated sugar - 100 grams,
- premium wheat flour - 1.5-2.0 teaspoons.
You can make homemade chocolate “Gourmand” like this:
- In a milk heated in a suitable container over low heat, gradually pour a dry mixture of granulated sugar and natural cocoa powder with constant stirring until the liquid mass is completely homogeneous.
- At the same time, in another dish in a water bath, dissolve the butter and pour it with constant stirring into the milk mixture, which bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- The wheat flour sifted through a fine sieve is first diluted in a small volume of the chocolate mixture, and then mixed without lumps in the total chocolate mass.
- Put a homogeneous mixture on low heat and, while stirring, not boiling, hold it to a boil.
- Pour warm chocolate like sour cream into oiled forms and place in the freezer for hardening for 3-4 hours, after which the treat will bring guests and hosts a chocolate treat.
A quick recipe for homemade chocolate “To tea”
The effect of dark chocolate according to this recipe is achieved by introducing the maximum volume of cocoa powder into its recipe, which will give it the natural bitterness of cocoa beans. In addition, changing the ratio of cocoa and sugar allows you to cook complex chocolate goodies.
- cocoa powder - 100 grams,
- granulated sugar - 1 tablespoon,
- butter - 50 grams.
Prepare homemade chocolate “For tea” like this:
- In a water bath in a suitable container, melt the butter.
- Mix cocoa powder and granulated sugar in a dry version and, with stirring, add it to the molten butter, bringing to a homogeneous mass.
- Bring the resulting chocolate mass in the form of thick sour cream to a boil and cook over low heat with stirring for 2 minutes.
- It remains to pour the slightly cooled boiled chocolate mass into the prepared forms, cool at room temperature and place in the refrigerator or in the freezer to solidify the chocolate product.
Homemade Chocolate Recipe with Honey
And although the process of preparing such a treat takes time, scarce ingredients and careful execution of the recipe, the final result will fully thank the homemade pastry chef with delicious chocolate.
- grated cocoa - 400 grams,
- liquid honey - 100 milliliters,
- cocoa butter - 200 milliliters.
According to the home recipe, make chocolate with honey like this:
- Melt cocoa butter in a water bath.
- With constant stirring in small portions, pour grated cocoa into it, bringing the whole mass to uniformity, then pour liquid honey into it with stirring, stirring evenly.
- Heat the homogeneous mass in a water bath to +40 C, but no more, since above this temperature barrier, honey loses its useful properties.
- Pour the chocolate-honey mass into the prepared forms, let the chocolate take shape at room temperature for 8-12 hours until completely solidified.
White chocolate recipe without cocoa butter
- 50 g of melted butter,
- 5 large spoons of liquid milk,
- A tablespoon of dried sesame seeds,
- 150 g of baby powder "Baby",
- 1.5 tablespoons of granulated sugar or powder,
- A small spoonful of vanilla sugar.
In addition to sesame seeds, you can add coconut, raisins, cinnamon, chopped nuts, candied fruits, puffed rice to the mass.
In most cases, infant formula is better than milk powder, because in its structure it contains smaller grains and tends to dissolve quickly. For the same reason, powdered sugar is used in the recipe instead of sand.
- First, mix the dry ingredients with each other: sugar, sesame seeds, vanilla sugar, baby formula,
- Add milk and butter, mix,
- A piece of foil or an inner “golden” package of tiled chocolate will be coated with a creamy spread, put in a frost-resistant mold,
- Evenly distribute a portion of the cooked mass over it, try to give it the shape of a chocolate bar,
- We fill in the remaining mixture of the mold for slicing the test mass for baking curly cookies, previously placed on the foil,
- We’ll remove them for two or three hours in the freezer.
White homemade cocoa butter chocolate
- 100 g of powdered milk, cocoa butter, sugar or powdered sugar,
- 1/4 small spoonful of crystalline vanillin.
Cooking white chocolate at home:
- Break cocoa butter into small slices, melt in a water bath. Already at 40 degrees, they will begin to melt,
- After the butter has melted, add vanillin, granulated sugar, milk powder to the container, which can be replaced with a milk formula with a neutral taste,
- Thoroughly knead the mass until sugar crystals are completely dissolved,
- Pour a delicious dish into molds, cool, put in the refrigerator for freezing.
Tempering is heating to 40-45 degrees, then cooling the chocolate product to the required temperature. In this process, the sweetness forms a stable form and a solid glossy state. This is necessary for the following purposes:
- Get rid of plaque on the surface of chocolate products,
- Increasing the melting point of the chocolate in contact with the fingers,
- Accelerating the cooling of products when cooking dessert to a time of 5 minutes,
- Giving delicacies bright and regular shape.
Tempered chocolate at home is done in two ways.
The first, easiest and fastest is a water bath:
- We slowly melt the chocolate to a liquid state and turn off the flame,
- Remove the container and wrap it in a cloth to preserve heat,
- Add a slice of the already tempered tile, mix the mass well until smooth, cool.
The second method of tempering is in the microwave:
- Three chocolate on a grater, pour the chips into a suitable container for the microwave,
- We set the power of the device to 800-1000 watts and melt the product to an almost molten state, but so that a few shavings remain. To exclude overheating, we check every 15 seconds,
- At the final stage, we perform the same actions as in the previous method.
At the end of tempering after cooling, the finished product should have a certain temperature depending on the type of chocolate:
- White - 28 degrees
- Dark - 31-32,
- Dairy - 29-30.
To correctly determine the temperature, you need to use a special thermometer that allows you to control crystallization.
DIY Tips for Making Chocolate at Home
- The bitterness and hardness of homemade chocolate depends on the proportion of cocoa powder in its formulation.
- When adding flour to the number of ingredients, it is necessary to strictly follow the recipe for making homemade chocolate, since when the norm decreases, it can freeze poorly even in the freezer.
- If it is possible to use cane brown sugar for making homemade chocolate, then it should be preferred to white beet sugar, because the former not only contains valuable minerals, but also makes chocolate much tastier.
By the way, did you know that chocolate, chilled in the refrigerator, will be softer than from the freezer. For pouring chocolate, silicone molds are preferable, since it is easier to extract from them.
How to make homemade chocolate:
1. Consider a water bath, ie In a pot of boiling water, insert another pan of a smaller volume. The degree of boiling water is minimal.
2. We measure the cocoa butter on the scales, put it in a small container. Cocoa butter immediately begins to melt.
3. We measure grated cocoa on the scales, put it in a container with butter. We throw a piece of vanilla pod (after removing the seeds, then we get this pod). Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder and nutmeg.
4. When the cocoa butter and grated beans melt (and this will happen very quickly), add the sweetener. We interfere with a whisk.
5. After 3-4 minutes stirring the total mass, the upper pan can be removed from the bath. Be sure to wipe its bottom with a towel so that when pouring chocolate into the form, water does not get there.
6. Pour the chocolate mass into molds. This can be one large “cut” form or special sets of silicone molds for piece candies. My forms are candy. After filling the molds, we fill in the filling in them: nuts, raisins, candied fruits, etc. Melt with a spoon deep into the chocolate.
7. Let the chocolate congeal first 2-3 hours at room temperature, then put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. If you use large “sliced” shapes, you will probably need a little more time to solidify the chocolate.
8. When our chocolate has frozen, boldly take it out of the mold. Extremely tasty, healthy, and most importantly - 100% natural delicacy is ready.
And finally, about the most important thing - nutritional value and huge benefits of natural cocoa beans and cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is made from cocoa beans, so I will talk about these products as one whole.
- substances contained in grated cocoa beans stimulate the brain to produce a special substance - endorphin, called the “hormone of joy”. That is why chocolate is so popular all over the world!
- grated cocoa beans contain about 300 biologically active substances, and this unique composition improves heart function. Theobromine of cocoa beans eliminates spasms of blood vessels and thereby reduces the risk of developing a hypertensive crisis - a serious medical problem of our time. Bioactive compounds of cocoa beans reduce platelet adhesion, preventing the formation of blood clots in blood vessels. Regular consumption of natural cocoa reduces mortality from cardiovascular diseases by 50%. Caffeine, which is very small in cocoa beans (0.2%), has a mild tonic effect, improving the functioning of the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- due to the presence of polyphenols, cocoa lowers blood pressure.
- grated cocoa beans are very rich in natural antioxidants - procyanidins, which have powerful anti-stress action. By the content of antioxidants, grated cocoa beans are several times superior to all existing types of tea, oranges and apples!
- cocoa is good for colds, because it’s good suppresses cough reflex.
- cocoa beans contain valuable vitamins and minerals: beta-carotene, PP, E, B, phosphorus, sodium, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, chlorine, sulfur, iron, manganese, molybdenum and fluorine - all these substances are essential for the full work of both an adult and a child’s body . In content zinc cocoa beans are champions. After drinking only two cups of cocoa a week or eating a couple of bars of natural chocolate, you will completely provide them with your body for this period.
- the use of cocoa increases physical performance and excellent stimulates mental activity.