I want to believe that the era when the school class was a gray lifeless room with shabby desks and old bulky cabinets has passed. New time - new bright ideas! And do not be afraid of difficulties. It’s not at all difficult to make the original design of a class in elementary school, if you follow our tips.
The main task of any qualified teacher is to teach children a specific subject or subjects. Students of any age may lose their desire to learn, considering the learning process as a duty, of course, it can hardly induce them to action. Creating a fresh environment with classroom decoration is the very way through which you can slightly increase the motivation of students to learn.
"Weather" school class design
You can take for the idea of class design the weather outside, decorating the office in accordance with the time of year. For example, in winter, you can arrange a class following the winter theme and encourage your students to do research on comparing the average temperature in winter with the average temperature in summer throughout Russia.
You can also discuss global air temperature differences for similar months. But the design of the elementary school in the winter months can also be done in the summer theme, to give students a break from the cold weather outside.
In a classroom decorated in a summer theme, there may be beach towels, an image of the sun with sunglasses on it and even a large sun umbrella in the corner of the office, which will complement the atmosphere of the beach.
Reflection of a change in the rhythm of life in the design of a school class
Autumn, winter, spring and summer holidays are an occasion to once again change the design of the class, allowing students to feel like they are in a different environment when they return to class after the holidays. These changes may be insignificant or, conversely, cardinal, but they should be noticeable.
For example, if you put indoor plants in the corners of the office, it will decisively change the atmosphere in the classroom. Make sure that the plants in the room have enough sunlight, this is necessary for their flowering. Children can take part in class gardening by watering flowers, and you can tell students about the plant life cycle. You can add coziness and comfort in the classroom by placing a sofa and lounge chairs in it.
School Classroom Design Themes
Before you design a class in a single style on a specific topic, divide it into different sections or areas, each of which will perform its specific functions. These areas may vary at the discretion of the teacher.
For example, you can use the jungle theme to style your class. In this case, call one part of the class “The Lion's Lair” - this may be a corner for reading and relaxing. If possible, lay a green or brown rug here. Put a do-it-yourself palm tree in a corner: make a trunk from a large sheet of cardboard, folding it into a tube, use paper towels for the crown, and balls rolled from old newspapers and pasted with brown paper can play the role of coconuts. A real palm can take the place of a homemade palm, but it requires constant care. Plant birds and monkeys on your palm tree, cutting them out of cardboard. Sew large seat cushions for the children using a fabric with matching images.
Note. If you are performing class 1 design, then in this corner it will also be appropriate to place soft toys, monkeys, snakes, tigers, lions will do.
Another part of the class can be called the “Elephant Wall” and, in fact, serve as a reward board on which you will place congratulations, letters and portraits of students who are encouraged for success in one area or another. This premium board may be a sheet of plywood, covered with a green cloth, and framed by artificial flowers, grapes and herbs.
In the “under the vine” class, students can work together on a project or assignment. Use artificial grape brushes to decorate this corner of the class, and twist long pieces of wrapping or tissue paper to simulate a vine.
- Do not disregard the wall decoration in the classroom. Decorate the loose walls of the classroom with large images of animals. To do this, you can use the projector: put a slide with the image of an animal and point the projector at a piece of paper, circle the image, then colorize and cut along the outline.
- Make out the bookshelves and cabinets in the classroom with scraps of green cloth, run the “vines” around the perimeter of the blackboard and window frames.
In a similar way, you can use other themes in the design of elementary classes, for example, the theme of space or the underwater world. The goal of all these topics is to create a more relaxed and creative learning environment in the classroom.
School class is the world of the child.
Bright design of stands in elementary school will help to create a more favorable atmosphere in it, but they should all be to some extent educational. Pupils can make information stands for classroom design with their own hands.
For example, give students a task to draw a poster dedicated to a historical event, historical person, or scientific fact. Posters should relate to what is taught in the office at a given time or is planned for study in the near future.
Change posters throughout the year so that each student’s poster is publicly displayed. Posters drawn by schoolchildren will allow them to feel their involvement in creating an atmosphere in the classroom.
In addition, children's crafts made in technology lessons will help create an original classroom interior.
Tips & Warnings
Obviously, do not underestimate the importance of how classroom design in elementary school affects the performance of students. Therefore, no matter what school class design you have in mind, it is important to coordinate your option with the students, because what seems wonderful to you may not be that way for children. Be sure to take into account their opinions and interests, and then your class will become the second home for you and for them, where you will want to return again and again, and designing the class before the prom will be your favorite joint activity.
Folder for documents
- We make a folder from thick cardboard,
- consider the process of creating a soft tissue surface, we use QUILTING TREASURES fabric of the For Love Of Country collection, art. 24183-E
- we use a set of paper with wedding prints "Wedding" from STAMPERIA,
- central design - volumetric composition, useminiature decorative elementsmade of wood from KNORRPRANDELL. They are collected for a specificsubjects and laid out in boxes formore safe and careful storage(box size 10.5 x 10.5 mm). ATeach set of 5 elements eachabout the species. Wooden items candecorate in any way:sew, paste over, stamp, toniroto stain. And felt - to sew,Felt, decorate with rhinestones,buttons, beads or embroidery.The box itself can be subsequentlyuse as an organizer forstorage of small accessories.
- We use organza and lurex ribbons of the Spanish brand SPIRAL SAFISA. These are premium segment ribbons, quality that is difficult to find in similar products from other manufacturers. The main differences are special softness, noble, shimmering shine, perfect weaving and not strained, not warped edges!
- In the work we need small scissors for needlework. In the assortment of GELA.ru you will find many mini-scissors with good sharpening and sharp tips.
- 2 sheets of beer cardboard 1.5 mm thick and 20 x 27 cm in size,
- stationery clips
- sewing machine,
- stationery knife,
- additional decor.
3. Put the sheets side by side, leave a gap between them of 5-6 mm on the long side. To get it smoothly, cut off a strip of paper 27 / 4.5 cm. Draw a straighting line with an awning scribe or with an awl at a distance of 2 cm, bend it. Then we retreat 0.5 cm and do the same actions. You should get a strip like in photo 3:
4. Cut her corners at an angle of 45 degrees:
5. Glue the finished strip of paper to the inside of the sheets of beer cardboard:
6. Iron to make the strip stick well, then bend the folder in half:
7. We take a piece of fabric and steam it well from the wrong side. I recommend using cotton for this.
8. We apply the base blank of the future folder to the fabric: the fabric face down, on top of the cardboard with a synthetic winterizer down.
9. First, glue the sides, pulling the fabric a little on the cardboard. Corners at this stage do not touch:
10. Thus, the following actions of the wizard are reduced to the design of smooth corners.
11, 12. Make an incision at 45 degrees from one side of the corner, not reaching 3-4 mm to the edge:
13. Cut off the second part of the corner at an angle of 90 degrees as shown in photo 13:
14. This is how the finished flat corner looks from the wrong side:
15. Put a drop of glue on the cardboard, with the help of an awl, bend the middle of the corner of the fabric inside:
16. Do the same with the remaining three corners:
17. Fold the folder in half and align it around the edges:
18. Cut a strip of fabric 3/30 cm:
19. We bend the edges of this strip from two sides so that its length as a result is 26.7 cm:
20. Evenly glue with a glue stick our prepared strip of fabric on the fold of the inside of the folder. Open and close the folder several times to form folds:
21. And now the most pleasant thing is the design of the folder! Here you can show all your imagination and creative ideas. To do this, apply flat and three-dimensional decor, as well as ribbons - ties for the folder. At this stage, nothing needs to be glued - you should be able to move and, if necessary, change something in the composition:
22-24. If everything suits you in the design, then we begin to sew ribbons and flat decor (lower layers) on a sewing machine:
25. Be sure to pull all the strings from the outside - it is most convenient to do this with a tailor's awl. We tie knots.
26. Next, glue the volumetric elements:
27. We begin to design the inside of the folder: on the left there will be a place for a photograph, and on the right there will be a pocket for a document. We cut out two paper rectangles of 19.5 / 26.5 in size from the scrap of paper.
28. To design the left part of the cover, namely the place for the photo, we cut out a 10/16 cm rectangle and draw all four of its corners using a corner punch with a functional slot - the newlyweds will be able to insert their favorite photo from the wedding day:
29. To draw a pocket for the marriage registration certificate, cut out a 19.3 / 10 cm rectangle:
30-33. Glue the backing for the photo, add a golden ribbon across the center left and a pocket on the right. Stitch for extra strength on a sewing machine. The interior design of the folder is ready!
34-35. We glue the finished internal spreads of the folder.
36. Using a candle, we process the edges of the ribbon ties:
37. We complete the design of the folder with small semi-pearls:
38. Our Mailbox for marriage certificate is ready! Enjoy your creativity!